If you saw my Fourth of July post, you’ll know that I made this cake to celebrate Independence Day. But it can be made for pretty much any occasion and it tastes amazing. Plus, you don’t need that many ingredients and it’s super easy. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
- 1 box of yellow Cake Mix (or your fave cake mix) and it’s ingredients
- 1 box of strawberry jello
- fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries, and cherries)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray then put off to the side.
- Mix the cake mix according to the instructions on the box, then evenly pour the cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Once the cake is cooked, let it cool for about 15-20 min.
- Poke the cooled cake with a fork to create a bunch of tiny holes all over the cake.
- Set to the side.
- Pour the jello powder into a bowl and add about 3/4 cup hot water to it and stir.
- Once that’s mixed, add about 1/3 cup cold water and mix.
- Pour this jello mixture over the cake trying to get it through the holes you made earlier.
- Once that’s done, place in the fridge.
- On medium power, mix together the sugar an cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the milk and stir until creamy.
- Spread over cake.
- When your cake is frosted and ready, cut up your fruit and place on frosting on top of cake,
- Fill the middle hole with fruit.
- Be creative and enjoy!
- If you have extra frosting, use kitchen scissors to cut a strawberry in quarters without severing them.
- Fill the middle of the strawberry with the cream cheese frosting.
- Top with a blueberry.
Ciao for now!